I have been a practising lawyer since 2002. My speciality is family law with a sound understanding of general practice law. This is important as family law draws on many different aspects of other legal disciplines.
My advocacy experience has been in the New Zealand Family Courts and in the Magistrates and County Courts in England. This includes brief appearances right through to contested/defended hearings. I have worked with and appeared against many experienced and able advocates.
In addition to my courtroom appearances I have attended numerous mediations and negotiations.
My work includes the following services:
- “pre-nuptial” agreements before and during relationships
- relationship property settlements
- relationship property disputes
- spousal maintenance disputes
- dissolution (divorce)
- care and contact arrangements, guardianship disputes, paternity and other matters involving children
- acting for parents or caregivers involving Child, Youth and Family
- obtaining and defending protection and occupation orders
- obtaining personal and property orders when a person has lost capacity
- advising and acting on child support matters
- identifying issues where a client needs the advice of another lawyer e.g. completing wills, setting up Trusts
I am a barrister. This means a lawyer who has chosen to specialise in advocacy and is independent of any firm or organisation. I am a member of Hobson Chambers comprising seven other experienced barristers. Each member of the chambers practises separately and completely independently. We share collegiality and experience.